Monday, May 10, 2010

"What the hell is 'Sea-Tac'??"

1:04 pm. Pacific time. Location: Seattle airport, gate S9. Status: bored shitless. Arrived, early, to Seattle to find our flight to Bangkok delayed until 3pm. That left us with a five hour layover. WOOOHOO! So, what to do? Why, take a culinary tour of Sea-Tac Int'l airport, of course! After navigating the MULTIPLE trams, we found the main terminal where we settled at Anthony's Fish House. Fish is big around here, by the way. For example, my bloody mary came with a shrimp floating on top. That was a first.

Ate fried oysters for the first time. Not my favorite. Which is kind of weird considering I could eat a million raw oysters in one sitting. Chewy texture...odd flavor. Not for me. So I ate the bread instead. While noshing on some generic, dry white bread, we began to talk about the delicious food awaiting us in Vietnam. The main topic was what we would and would not be willing to eat. I immediately said any domesticated pet is off limits. Chase went with horse. However, after more contemplation, we determined that a dog, infact, would be ok to try. But only a lazy dog. Like the kind that doesn't run, or play, just sits around in the shade under a tree all day. Otherwise the meat would just be too lean, and therefore not worth eating. Cats are too nimble and quick. Plus, I don't like their attitude. So no cats, but maybe a lazy dog....

Off to try and con my way into a window seat, get all the necessary travel goodies, and retrieve Chase from the bar. Next up, BANGKOK!

No comments:

Post a Comment

obsessing about food...one day at a time

I'm not a chef. Not a writer. Just a genuine food lover and travel junkie. Eating, exploring, learning, wandering, loving, bitching. I do it all.