and so tomorrow my journey through this wonderful land comes to a close. *tear* I have truly come to love viet nam; its people, culture, and endless beauty. It will always have a special spot in my heart. Can not wait until I return!!
OK.. so the sappy crap is over. Last few days of our motorcycle trip were amazing - as to be expected. I can't feel my ass, have the most rediculous tan lines and am beyond exhausted. Looking forward to spending the next three days poolside.
hmm.. where did I leave off? OH the cool swim spot. SO, after that we went cruising towards the MeKong Delta. Flat, endless rice fields, and HOT. like REALLY HOT. as in I have been in a constant state of perspiration for the past three days. Even when I am sitting in an air-con room. That paired with exhaust and dirt, minus showering.. WOW I am one sexy female. :)
highlights of past couple days: boat rides, floating markets and AN ASIAN BOOZE CRUISE. yes, you heard me right people. This boat was huge. Multiple stories, flashing christmas lights, every tacky decoration imaginable, and live entertainment. and we were the only two white people (waldos). AWESOME. unfortunately it was the last night, my gout has been acting up, plus kind of have given up drinking -despite Nip's endless peer pressure- (seriously..stop laughing. I honestly drink 7up every night) so I did not get to partake in the festivites. However, did eat some delicious food. Field Mouse. BBQ style. good. Eel..bone in eel...not my fave. That reminds me- the other night we had vietamese bbq. HOLY CRAP. I am bringing this back to America. Going to be a gold mine.
in conclusion....the trip was amazing. beyond words. If you ever come to Viet Nam you MUST let me know and I will hook you up with the most amazing guides. They know this country so well, are courteous, friendly and seriously entertaining. Our trip would not have been nearly as good without the experience of past six days. Also, my time here has been spent developing a serious obsession with vietnamese food. To all those whom I love dearly and cook for, just know that is all you will be eating for quite some time. don't worry, its good.
would post pictures, but I am writing this on an actual computer (why it is so long), will post pics in next few days. Tomorrow I head off to Bangkok, and against my mothers wishes, will be staying in central bangkok. Should be interesting...suppossedly things have calmed down, although every government around the world is telling me to "cancel all travel" hah. wish me luck.
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment