Every six months of so it hits. An itch. Constant anxiety, almost. Only curable by boarding a plane. A plane going anywhere. I travel. That is what I do; who I am. Granted, most of those planes are taking me back to Minnesota, or to visit Grandma, but none the less, I am traveling. Moving, exploring. Seeing something new. Could be that annoying characteristic which makes me question everything; a need to constantly be learning. Or maybe it is my inability to face any emotional "issues", resulting in me fleeing the current location. quickly. Whatever it is, I need to travel, meet new people, try new foods. It has been over two years since the last adventure. Last trip was to India. India changed my view on the world; and had me refocus my priorities in life and adventures. It also created an unending interest in Asian culture. and food. Now, I am lucky enough to be off on another adventure. This time to Vietnam and Thailand.
Vietnam has been high on my list for years. Mainly because of the FOOD. I fully intend to eat my way through the country. No food stall left behind, no bahn mi or pho abandoned. I also plan to wear dresses or stretchy pants as a disgusting weight gain is only to be expected. Pepto, immodium...my new best friends. This blog thing will be used to make all of you jealous. or not jealous. whatever. Please take note: I am new to this whole blogging thing. That is, if anyone is even reading this. I tend to be a private person. So don't expect daily updates. In fact, I expect this whole project to be abandoned by day three. Wish me luck. BON VOYAGE!
No comments:
Post a Comment