Saturday, May 22, 2010

Easy Ridin'

wow. day three. and all I can say is this may have been one of the best decisions ever. have never been this dirty in my life. hair is almost in dreads due to lack of brush, extreme curls and no water pressure. wierdest tan lines. helmet tan, backpack tan, farmer tan, sandle tan..


but, this is one experience will never forget.

day one was filled with water falls, silk factory visit (yes, the ladies in my life have presents coming), temples, snake wine, lak lake...









oh, and we spent the afternoon trying to outrun a storm. and when I say storm I mean if this had been over water it would have been a hurricane; in the Midwest would have been considered a super cell spawning multiple tornadoes...we just waited it out in a roadside shack. no biggie..






day two consisted of a severly over priced, and insanely long, elephant ride; minority villages, natural park with most beautiful waterfall ever, and an amazing hotel where I discovered my own private swim spot. also made a friend with one of the resident dogs. she and I went exploring, and she was always at my heels. made me miss my zozo :(


mosquitos. thought I was immune thanks to my Minnesota upbringing. guess again:


looks, and feels, like I have the chickn pocks. benedryl anti-itch cream doesn't even work. these skeeters mean business. so now I just bathe myself in deet.

last night was awesome. place we were staying had no tourists-except us, obviously- so I found chase having pre-dinner cocktails with the local boys. FYI predinner drinking consists of home brewed rice "wine" poured out of aquafina bottles. this shit is toxic people. like WOAH strong. but delicious. and it is not taken with ice or soda, but shot, continuously. no joke. i would take one and instantly my glass was refilled and the entire table was staring, waiting for their guest to take a drink. This was accompanied by some bar food. Every pig part Americans would never dare to eat. Liver, intestines, stomach, and the best blood sausage I have ever had. Pretty sure these guys were suprised, and impressed, by some blond haired white girl throwing back shots and eating pig parts with the boys. it was awesome. would show you pictures...but none exist. sucessful night.


and just for you mom...to prove I am still alive


sans makeup, face washing and sleep. look like a bum, but hot damn I'm in heaven

love from Vietnam!!!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. That's my girl... Pig parts and shots! Glad you are alive and taking it all in. Thanks for the great update... Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete

obsessing about food...one day at a time

I'm not a chef. Not a writer. Just a genuine food lover and travel junkie. Eating, exploring, learning, wandering, loving, bitching. I do it all.